Problem: Ear infections are difficult to diagnose, multiple studies including from the Centre for Disease Control show diagnostic error rates averaging 50%, this has led to antibiotic resistance in some cases.
Proposal: Oto is an ear examination medical device with AI camera attachment. Allowing health care professionals to record and upload media onto electronic health records. Oto’s attachment has AI diagnostic support should the user need assistance in determining the results.
Branding: Oto’s visual identity has been designed to stand out from the surrounding crowd. The user’s unboxing experience seamlessly presents a soft balance between an approachable design whilst remaining professional and reliable as a medical device.
Prototyping: Low-fidelity models informed a form that provides a balance of comfort, control and precision. Mid-fidelity prototypes refined the internal structures and mechanisms before producing an aesthetic model for further testing.
- Agency/Creative: Joe Slatter
- Article Title: Student Design Concept: Who Said Medical Products Had to be White?
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Branding, Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Board