Festival of the street theaters “the fourth wall”. Design concept is based on the assumption that the walls of the street theatre are the street walls. The stage is formed of trapezium that changes its angle depending on the seating place of the spectator. Dynamic style of the presentation clearly represents the nature of contemporary dance art.
The Fourth Wall Street Theater Festival takes place on the stage of the city squares. While a classical theater requires a stage and scenery, in the city the stage remains, and the scenery becomes urban landscapes. Dramas and comedies unfold against the backdrop of the brutal walls of the metropolis, blurring the line between classical art and everyday reality.
The name of the festival – the fourth wall – transforms its original meaning and acquires a new meaning, turning into a wall-decoration that constantly changes its appearance depending on the location of the performance.
The complete immersion of the actors in the urban environment is reflected in the graphics in the form of theatrical costumes, which the actors wear, sewn from the same city walls as the scenery behind them.
Special thanks should be delivered to Russian Higher School of Economics (HSE Art and Design School) and personally to Leonid Slavin, head of Art direction MA Program.
- Agency/Creative: Tanya Dunaeva
- Article Title: Street Theatre Student Design Concept by Tanya Dunaeva
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Photography, Rebranding
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Theater design concept tanya dunaeva festival identity