Seymourpowell Reinvigorates Miller Beer Brand
Strategic design and innovation agency Seymourpowell can reveal the details of its global rebrand for the Molson Coors beer brand, Miller Genuine Draft, which sees the beer company unveil a revitalised identity and a more premium offering for one of the United States’ most popular beers. The new livery is launching across 50 global markets, featuring a redesign across both its primary bottles and cans, plus its secondary and tertiary packaging, refreshing its appeal to a younger market whilst maintaining its identity as one of America’s most famous heritage beer brands.
Seymourpowell drew upon Miller Genuine Draft’s rich heritage as inspiration for the new brand image, seeking to combine this with a sense of enhanced premium quality, positioning Miller Genuine Draft as the ideal easy drinking beer and bringing more consistency to its global presence. The Seymourpowell team began by amplifying key assets that best reflect the company’s image as a premium brewer, simplifying the eagle crest and enlarging it to present a more iconic and confident presence for the brand. The increased dominance of the parent brand, Miller Brewing Company, on the neck label further enhances the brand’s authentic brewing credentials. To further raise the premium feel across the new look, “4 x filtered for exceptional smoothness” has been added to the packaging to reinforce the beer’s quality assurance.
- Design Agency: Seymourpowell
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Seymourpowell Reinvigorates Miller Beer Brand
- Brand / Project Name: Molson Coors, Miller Genuine Draft
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box, Can, Case
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle