Sarah Johnston Creative Concept for Geometric Forms Intertwined with Rich smokey Aromas
With a nod to the Memphis Design aesthetic; the geometric figures of Art Deco, the colour palette of new Pop Art, and a touch of 1950s kitsch; Volumes explores the aromas and nostalgia of a dusty highway.
These candles and diffusers are above all, home decor. A delicate balance of function and decoration, suitable to be re-purposed creating a timeless art object in your home. Because even an empty vase can be art. The shapes exhibit luxury and opulence with one-of-a-kind hand blown glass.
As a group they range in volume. As a shape they are all volumes of revolution. And as a collection each volume is part of the larger group.
The packaging accentuates the geometric. Volumes looks at the box as not just a vessel to protect, but to represent the object inside. The undecorated diecut outer sleeve allow all variants illustrated internal boxes to illuminate through the shape.
- Design Agency: Sarah Johnston
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Sarah Johnston Creative Concept for Geometric Forms Intertwined with Rich smokey Aromas
- Brand / Project Name: Volumes
- External Design Credits: Designer: Sarah Johnston / Digital Illustrations : Paul Lee
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Architecture
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding
- Location: New Zealand
- Market Country: New Zealand
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Household
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass