With a nod to the Memphis Design aesthetic; the geometric figures of Art Deco, the colour palette of new Pop Art, and a touch of 1950s kitsch; Volumes explores the aromas and nostalgia of a dusty highway.
These candles and diffusers are above all, home decor. A delicate balance of function and decoration, suitable to be re-purposed creating a timeless art object in your home. Because even an empty vase can be art. The shapes exhibit luxury and opulence with one-of-a-kind hand blown glass.
As a group they range in volume. As a shape they are all volumes of revolution. And as a collection each volume is part of the larger group.
The packaging accentuates the geometric. Volumes looks at the box as not just a vessel to protect, but to represent the object inside. The undecorated diecut outer sleeve allow all variants illustrated internal boxes to illuminate through the shape.
- Agency/Creative: Sarah Johnston
- Article Title: Sarah Johnston Creative Concept for Geometric Forms Intertwined with Rich smokey Aromas
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: New Zealand
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Branding, Packaging Design, Product Architecture
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Glass