At Hugmun Studio, we have recently started an exciting collaboration with Radio 357. They are a well-known group of broadcasters in Poland who have started a new radio station, much to the delight of their frequent listeners. The founders of the Radio said to us “Radio 357 is a very specific client for a graphic design studio. A radio built from scratch, at a cosmic pace, spontaneously, by a team of enthusiasts – this is a recipe for trouble”. We worked together with the founders to create a brand that continued their well-loved association, but with a fresh twist.
The World Neue font by Mat Desjardins was chosen as it perfectly matches the design. It is the main font and gives character. Illustrations created by Hugmun founder Maria Mileńko are cheeky and satirical, to represent the variety of topics addressed by the station. They are a wink to the recipient. The color palette is a mixture of bright and muted colors. We wanted to stand out from other Polish radio stations and felt that this combination was the cherry on top of the joyful brand character.
The modern color palette, illustrations and old style fonts combined should create a noble but unusual identity, like the Radio which is cheerful, informative, stands out from the crowd and makes the listeners feel proud.
“Many graphic designers would keep a safe distance from us. But not the Hugmun Studio team. They appeared at the right moment. They had an idea. Thanks to them, we took on colors, chose the fonts and introduced a drawing convention. Our identification is just like us – cheerful, detached, breaking patterns and not to be confused with anything else.” – Tomasz Brzeziński / Radio 357
“You gave us a FACE on the web, and this is a core foundation for brands today. Thanks for that!”
Piotr Stelmach, music journalist / Radio 357
- Agency/Creative: Hugmun Studio
- Article Title: Radio 357 Brand Design by Hugmun Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Denmark
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Photography, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Branding, Entertainment, Media, Marketing, Posters, Signage, Advertising, Illustration, Graphic Design, Branding, App, Digital