Prototype packaging for a healthy Cannabis brand
Karma CBD is a hypothetical line of conceptual products targeted for recreational cannabis markets based on 5 different wild herbs used in Russia: Ivan Chai, Zveroboy, Tavolga, Smorodina & Brusnika. Karma CBD aims at offering customers a luxurious and unique cannabis brand experience in the emerging LowDose CBD market.
The challenge in designing this product line was how to successfully create a premium and aesthetic look to audience through russian culture and myths. The solution was to combine retro cultural russian illustrations and patterns with a vivid colorful approach and modern typography.
These days, cannabis legalization has brought about important changes in the homeopathic market. We are now seing an increase of interest in CBD tea as well with a new class of customer who wants to relieve their aches and pains.
About the flavors:
In the olden days Ivan Chai (willow herb) was thought to have many healthy benefits so people drank it when they fell ill, as well as for pleasure. Today it’s scientifically proven that Ivan Chai has fever-reducing and energy-boosting properties, reduces the risk of developing cancer, cleanses the body of all sorts of toxins, and relieves headaches.
Zveroboy is a bright-colored plant with yellow leaves. It was widely used in Russia to help workers recover after a hard day toiling in the fields. Zveroboy was brewed to treat kidney and gastrointestinal diseases and to help get rid of vascular spasms and colds of all sorts.
Initially Tavolga was known as a ritual plant of the Scythians and Celts. In ancient Rus’ it was used as a painkiller and medicine. Tavolga tea can relieve severe pain, treat stomach ulcers and diarrhea, as well as nausea, rheumatism, gout, and fever. In modern medicine, Tavolga is used after a stroke to prevent the formation of blood clots.
The medicinal properties of Smorodina have been known from as early as the 11th century. In Russia the plant is still popular: Its berries are used for making jam or are pulped with sugar, and its leaves are used for ointments, infusions, brews, and tea.
Brusnika is rightfully regarded as the queen of Russian forests and herbalists call it the “health berry.” Slavs even created a beautiful legend about lingonberry and its medicinal properties. According to the legend, a swallow pitied people and wanted to rid them of disease and give them immortality.
- Design Agency: Studio Blackthorns
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Prototype packaging for a healthy Cannabis brand
- Brand / Project Name: Karma CBD Packaging Design
- External Design Credits: Designer Ludovic Mornand
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: France
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Product Category: Medical
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Jar, Pouch, Sachet, Dropper bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Glass Jar, Pulp Board, Pulp Fibre