Pond Design – Arvid Nordquist World Coffee Project
Arvid Nordquist’s interest in coffee began in 1884. Today, Arvid Nordquist is one of the fastest growing coffee brands in Sweden with its master blender and roastery in Stockholm.
Arvid Nordquist works tirelessly with sustainability projects, supporting both coffee-producing countries and the people who work with their coffee. The initiative World Coffee Project aims to create a more sustainable world beyond certifications. The brief was to create a concept for the new out-of-home range focusing on two specific projects: Senoras, which supports coffee plantations run by women, and Kahawa Tembo that helps saving elephants whose natural habitat lies near the areas where the coffee is grown.
To tell these stories through this packaging, we created a bold and confident design that disrupts the coffee category cues, which quite often are focused on tradition, heritage and craft. Using vivid, strong colors and artistic illustrations. We combined hand-drawn illustrations with digital layers, adding an exciting clash between a traditional and a more modern urban style. The motives clearly tells the story by showing whom each project support and in what way. Arvid Nordquist simply offers you the choice, what project do you want to support rather than what roast level do you prefer?
- Design Agency: Pond Design
- Article Title: Pond Design – Arvid Nordquist World Coffee Project
- Brand / Project Name: Arvid Nordquist World Coffee Project
- Client: Arvid Nordquist
- Designer: Designers: Martin Ask, Robin Boström, Project leader: Anna-Karin Trydegård, Illustrator: Robin Boström, Production Manager: Johanna Larsson, Final Art: Anna Johansson, Insight Director: Naama Forsrup
- Location: Sweden
- Product Category: Beverages