The name, Implus, plays on both meanings in Swedish and English. In Swedish, Implus means “wafting” and in English, impuls(e) means “instinct” and “activating”. Impuls is a hypothetical perfume line under Arket, a Swedish clothing and lifestyle brand that features quality clothing and objects for men, women, and children.
From afar, the logo feels welcoming but upon closer examination hides its sharp values within the letterforms. Personalized touch is the core value that is strongly rooted in Impuls. The button on the top of the packaging provides the user an olfactory experience from head to toe which and also gives information on the duration of the scent. The reactive nature of the red-orange color in the interior contrasts with the soft exterior, describing the subtle but precise scent that is unforgettable.
- Agency/Creative: Charlie Shi
- Article Title: Personalised Touch is the Core Value of Impuls Designed by Charlie Shi
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Fibre, Pulp Paper