Packaging for Shift Coffee by Toby’s Estate Cofee Roasters
Melissa So – Shift by Toby’s Estate Cofee Roasters
Shift is about challenging your perceptions and changing coffee experiences by putting all of your senses into play.
This is a coffee drinking experience gamified to test what you thought you knew about the coffee you drink on the daily.
Coffee geeks are putting their palates to the test to identify which coffee is from which country of origin. Each 33g bag is identified by only an icon, offering a small clue. The 33g bags only offer an opportunity to brew each coffee twice. The answers and tasting notes lay behind a scratch card. Play the game to find out how in tuned you are.
A typographic treatment with shifting planes was developed inspired by impossible shapes. The icons for each coffee origins were created using elements from the corresponding country flags.
- Design Agency: Melissa So
- Organisation/Project Type: In-house Design, Published
- Article Title: Packaging for Shift Coffee by Toby’s Estate Cofee Roasters
- Brand / Project Name: Shift by Toby's Estate Cofee Roasters
- External Design Credits: Melissa So: art director, packaging designer, graphic designer and photographer (instagram @quiteso)
- Production Credits: Printed by:http://www.johnstonpack.com.au/
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Creation
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Product Brand Architecture
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Retail Design
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton