Jin Môr is a new sea salt infused gin by Anglesey salt makers, Halen Môn. Its Welsh name translates as ‘gin of the sea’, and Jin Môr’s visual identity seeks to reference the brand’s coastal roots.
The bottle label and accompanying roll-out explore the concepts of depth and layering, drawing obvious parallels with the ocean, but also reflecting the depth of flavour offered by a little seasoning. The textured, die-cut front label gives the design physical depth, offering the customer a ‘window’ onto an abstract Anglesey seascape behind. This artwork will vary seasonally or with each batch – though always retaining a hand-crafted, artisanal feel – to mirror the ever-changing characteristics of the sea.
This project was a collaboration between Jess Lea-Wilson & Ellie Pinney.
- Agency/Creative: Ellie Pinney & Jess Lea-Wilson
- Article Title: Packaging design and identity for craft gin Jin Môr
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass