As part of of our grooming routines, we come across innumerable chemicals that enter our lives through products and sit on our shelves. Men and women are exposed to over 168 chemicals throughout their daily hair care regimen. Oxford Hill wants to change that. They have created a Bentonite-based Hair Styling Clay made with only five ingredients and no harsh chemicals. Oxford Hill has set out to create a brand that’s truly clean, natural, and minimal without compromising on performance.
Simoul Alva was invited to help define, express and design what this vision could look like for Oxford Hill. She developed the Brand Identity and Packaging Design System for the Bentonite-based Hair Styling Clay made with clean, earth-derived ingredients. A powerful combination of natural oils and minerals work in tandem to provide texture, volume, high hold, all while nourishing hair. The Brand Identity was designed to reflect that same ethos and commitment. The solution came from designing a flexible yet elegant system that could grow with their upcoming product range that includes skin care and hygiene products. The logotype was designed to feel ownable as an object that looks great on a shelf, in a carry-on kit and in your hand. The handwritten element reflects the personal aspect of self care and grooming. As the range grows into different territories, the design was developed to feel recognisable as a lifestyle. The visual design aligns with Oxford Hill’s philosophy of being uncompromising, effective yet succinct.
- Agency/Creative: Simoul Alva
- Article Title: Oxford Hill Hair Styling Clay Brand and Packaging Design by Simoul Alva
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: New York
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Graphic Design, Packaging Design
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: Hair Styling Clay, Hair Care, Grooming
Client: Oxford Hill
Brand Identity Design, Packaging System and Art Direction: Simoul Alva
Photography: ND Studios Global