Origen Estudio Developed Branding Identity for Palmar
As Hard Seltzers are a new trend on the spritz market, for their low-calorie attribute as well as fruity taste, Palmar had a huge opportunity to introduce this movement to the Mexican market mindset, that’s just getting into the mindful drinking lifestyle. As a 100% Mexican brewed Hard Seltzer, the beverage wanted to represent the good vibes to chill out with friends, while having a drink and not regret cheating on their healthy regimen now part of their healthy lifestyle.
The brand’s name is a tribute to eternal summer; the sun, the water, the soft breeze, the freshness, and the sensation of a joyful moment, as if you were under a palm tree enjoying every sip. All this concept comes from the beverage’s iconic freshness, making it perfect for warm seasons, as well as bringing that emotion to the colder ones. We clearly knew who the audience was, as young millennials and gen z ourselves, we were certain that the market is very much interested in both having a great drink and a healthy balanced diet. That’s why our main challenge was to create a product look and feel connected to both premises; to be unique and yet interesting to the current trend.
The studio created a custom script heavy logotype with bold ligatures that makes it iconic and unique, combined with a linear graphic system looking for a colorful and playful, yet minimalistic, aesthetic throughout the can, to balance the low-calorie attributes with the fresh bubbly rich flavors. All of this empowered by the materials and finish: a white matte can with foil colorful graphics bringing a chic look to the product that makes it pop from others on the shelf. As a twist on the identification for the brand, we included a flamingo, to bring the freshness and charisma from tropical environments and summer vibes, as well as the branding effort to preserve the species by working along with a foundation to protect the flamingo’s habitat in Yucatan, Mexico. Palmar is much more than a drink, it is a special moment that starts every time someone opens a can.
- Design Agency: origen estudio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Origen Estudio Developed Branding Identity for Palmar
- Brand / Project Name: Palmar Spritz
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Experience
- Location: Mexico
- Market Country: Mexico
- Market Region: South America
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Can, aluminio
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal, Pulp Carton, papel kraft