Acashia is a coffee company founded in 2020 by two young coffee lovers. This couple from Virginia, had traveled to Colombia a few years ago and were fascinated with the taste of the coffee. So they decided to create this innovative brand. The product has a premium quality and the founders’ desire was to translate that feeling to the packaging. However, they didn’t want it to be perceived as something unattainable or too pretentious. They wanted to appeal to a young audience that doesn’t necessarily know much about the world of coffee, but is willing to try different flavors and pay the difference for a premium product. What makes this coffee special is that it is blended with non-traditional ingredients. For this reason, it was necessary to make the differentiation between flavors clear.
From the beginning, we tried to break away from the traditional coffee brand codes, but the challenge was not to lose recognition within the category. Being distinctive is always a challenge, because you have to find the right balance so that the brand stands out but at the same time the type of the product is recognized. The result is a solid structure that makes it easy to identify the brand. With this strong formal structure, it is possible to use a separate color for each flavor so the distinction is much clearer and faster. On the other hand, it works as an easy way to expand the skus that will surely come out in the future. The touch of gold was crucial to emphasize the feeling of high-end quality.
- Agency/Creative: Nitid Studio
- Article Title: Nitid Studio Packaging Design for Acashia Coffee
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Argentina
- Agency/Creative City: Buenos Aires
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Format: Bag
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: coffee, coffee packaging, packaging design, packaging, brand packaging, cpg packaging design, packaging design inspiration
Founder: Fernando Arendar