New Brand Identity for Start-Up Dog Food Brand
The owners of Walker & Drake approached us for our help to develop their brand identity and packaging for their unique ‘Cold Pressed’ dog food. There are very few manufacturers of this type of product in the UK, and the benefits of ‘Cold Pressed’ are higher levels of nutrients compared to that of standard kibble.
The dog food market is heavily saturated and can be confusing for dog owners who are always on the lookout for the best possible food for their animal. As ‘Cold Pressed’ dog food is a relatively new concept in the UK, it was imperative that the design reflected this. It also had to include clear, compelling on-pack messages to get across the key benefits of ‘Cold Pressed’ and not to be over complicated with unnecessary information which can become daunting to dog owners. This is an inclusive brand that needs to appeal to ‘everyone’.
The end result was a bold, confident, modern design with clear messaging that communicates quality and trust. By using an eye-catching illustration style, this allows the brands range a greater standout on shelf amongst the plethora of copy-heavy and generic dog photography seen from competitors thus giving the brand (doggy) bags of personality!
- Design Agency: The Brand Nursery
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: New Brand Identity for Start-Up Dog Food Brand
- Brand / Project Name: Walker & Drake Cold Pressed Dog Food
- External Design Credits: Senior Designer Julie Richardson
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Pets & Animals
- Consumer Packaging Format: Pouch
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic