Naming and Branding Design for ‘Oli’Oli
dfront – ‘Oli’Oli cakes
‘Oli’oli is a brand of homemade cakes made with love and joy.
The challenge was to create the brand name where it should be, somehow, linked to people, nature, beach and Hawai.
People eat cakes in celebrations, together, with friends, with family, with loved ones. Same as brunch! People have fun. People want to share food with each other.
Our strategy relied on research for terms, words and feelings that could somehow be linked to the ideas and feelings that the brand intended to convey. Hence was born the name ‘Oli’oli which means “joy” in Hawaiian. With the name, a signature was also created to reinforce not only the brand values but also, to emphasize what it is – Cakes & Joy. The keyvisual is inspired on the mood of the beach/nature giving essentially the message of well-being, tranquility and, above all, good vibes and joy.
- Design Agency: dfront
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Naming and Branding Design for ‘Oli’Oli
- Brand / Project Name: 'Oli'Oli cakes and joy
- Project Type: Corporate Brand Creation
- Strategic Deliverables: Corporate Brand Naming, Corporate Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Corporate Graphic Design, Corporate Branding, Corporate Brand Identity
- Product Category: Promotional
- Industry Category: Food/Beverage