The Musgo range is composed by two different blends, a red and a white wines, signed by J. Cabral Almeida, a wine producer of the Dão region that makes quality products, with focus on the respect for Nature in its creations.
Omdesign was responsible to give life to its packaging, with a goal to enable it with a sense of origin, inspired by the terroir and pureness.
The naming Musgo was chosen because this plant can be found in abundance in the Dão region, in different colors and formats, due its climacteric conditions, typical of this place. The agency brought to the labeling its scientifical name – Bryophyta Sensu Stricto – and its diverse forms, in a shape of original illustrations of these tufts, created exclusively for this range.
These 360º labels with nature tones present distinctive materials and finishing, as high relief, varnish, alongside the sealing wax in red and white, and also have a unique and premium image supported by the overlapping of fine papers. For Omdesign, this project can be considered more than a wine packaging, since it was also thought to work as a botanical collectible piece.
- Agency/Creative: Omdesign
- Article Title: Musgo Wines Designed by Omdesign
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Portugal
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Research
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper