Hain Celestial’s Celestial Seasonings has one of the most expansive tea brand portfolios on the market. While their classic teas have been a staple in consumers’ homes for decades, the brand was becoming stagnant in a quickly-evolving category that was being flooded with new products offering flavor, function, and wellness benefits. Celestial Seasonings called brand design agency CBX to help build a line of green and black functional teas, and refresh the core flavors with new graphics.
The new line of teas needed reinvigorate the dusty tea category, compete with other tea brands, and intrigue a younger consumer, all without alienating the existing audience. CBX dug into the brand’s meaning, category codes and design trends to develop a new visual language for the Celestial Seasonings line. They implemented bold, story-driven, custom illustrations and typography to modernize the look, while tying back to Celestial’s roots.
The strong, graphic-led style brought new, fresh meaning to trusted tea brand and resonated with a younger. The new designs caught eyes on shelf, quickly communicated individual product benefit, and created buzz in a highly competitive tea aisle.
- Agency/Creative: CBX
- Article Title: Modernising Celestial Seasonings Green and Black Tea For A New Generation
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: New York City
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Graphic Design, Illustration, Insight, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Research
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Carton
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: tea, packaging design, brand refresh, brand extension, functional wellness, wellness, functional line
Creative Director: Audra Nebolini
Designer: Peter Robertson
Designer: Lizzie Kelner