Upgrade your coffee: making specialty coffee for everyone
Mission Coffee Works is a London-based speciality coffee roaster with a mission to bring better coffee to people across the UK. They purposefully choose and roast coffee beans to make sure you get amazing coffee whether you’re an experienced barista or just making your morning coffee at home. Mission came to branding agency Kingdom & Sparrow ready for the next phase of growth as a nationally recognised brand with strong values and a playfully upbeat attitude.
Mission Coffee Works are all about making great tasting coffee a part of the everyday, so Kingdom & Sparrow refined the brand’s proposition to a more accessible ‘Upgrade your coffee’. To ensure the brand was engaging both the casual coffee drinker and the coffee geek, the K&S team based the creative idea around ‘the two sides of Mission Coffee’, and this translates onto the two tone brand colours and split coffee bag design. One side is simply taste and lifestyle orientated; the other is more informative on origin, processing, altitude and more, so you can really get into the details if you want to – or you can skip over that and simply enjoy upgrading to a better cup of coffee.
To communicate the brand’s personality, Kingdom & Sparrow put the emphasis on enjoyment and the relaxed coffee occasion, creating colourful, paper-cut collage illustrations that change with each variant. They also created a bespoke typeface and logotype that gives a bold, confident feel and playful messaging and assets to communicate Mission Coffee’s ethos and sustainable practices.
The Kingdom & Sparrow team are so creative and easy to work with. Communication was always fantastic and flexible to us. We’ve ended up with really beautiful and artistic design and strong brand messaging. We’re thrilled with the result.” – Rachael Kaines, Head of Marketing and Events at Mission Coffee Works.
- Agency/Creative: Kingdom & Sparrow
- Article Title: Mission Coffee Works Rebrand Created by Kingdom & Sparrow
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Falmouth
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, 3D Design, 3D Motion, Animation, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Illustration, Label Design, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Type Design, Typography
- Format: Bag
- Substrate: Fabric
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: graphic design, illustration, packaging design, rebrand, brand design, type design, brand strategy, coffee branding, coffee design,
Comms Manager: Tilly Manaton