A regional nonprofit leads the effort to create a vibrant community for all.
How does an established nonprofit sharpen its focus on people and partnership?
For over 40 years as a philanthropic leader, San Diego Foundation has been helping to grow a more vibrant region. Its donors have given $1.3+ billion to support 1,800+ nonprofit organizations that provide assistance and opportunity to people throughout the county.
San Diego Foundation engaged our team to design a new brand identity that better reflects the organization’s mission to advance racial and social justice, foster equity of opportunity, build resilient communities, and deliver world-class philanthropy.
Inspired by the foundation’s original logo from 1975, the new identity represents a nexus of partners coming together to create positive change. The circular composition suggests optimistic imagery of sun and flowers that reinforce a regional focus, while the seven colors represent the organization’s core impact areas. With a multi-color design that suggests diversity and inclusion, the new logo embodies the foundation’s focus on improving the lives of all people in the region.
And, by solving various functional issues with the previous logo, the new system delivers greater impact in every application.
“You have my sincere gratitude. The new brand is so uniquely us—who we are, where we are going,” says Theresa Nakata, Vice President, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, San Diego Foundation.
- Agency/Creative: MiresBall
- Article Title: MiresBall Creates Branding for San Diego Foundation – More Inclusive
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: San Diego
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Redesign, Icon Design, Identity System, Rebranding
- Industry: Non-Profit
- Keywords: Nonprofit Identity, Brand Design, Rebranding
Creative director and brand strategy: John Ball
Strategy director: Anique Mautner
Design director: Lauren Lamb
Account manager: Yasmine Go