Marja – Nice Cream of Pure Goodness
Kuudes – Marja
*Nice cream of pure goodness*
Pakkasmarja, a Finnish berry company, had created an entirely new kind of product, like a powdery smooth and stone-cold parfait. Best of all, 72 % of the product is just healthy, non-heated local berries – keeping all the vitamins inside. They contacted Kuudes with a challenge; how to we design and launch this novelty product in a way that consumers really understand the uniqueness of it and find it desirable?
We created a design concept with a simple, but powerful, idea: if the product is almost merely berries, let’s build the brand also with only berries. First we named it Marja, which is a Finnish female first name that literally means berry. Then we took a jar of berries and started to paint the packaging design!
The colourful dots are painted with blueberries, raspberries and other fresh ingredients, are bound to catch your eye. The contemporary, crisp design speaks to our target groups and communicates the unique selling points in a crystal clear manner. The elegantly playful design welcomes you for an indulging moment without a bad conscience.
- Design Agency: Kuudes
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency Commercial, Published
- Article Title: Marja – Nice Cream of Pure Goodness
- Brand / Project Name: Marja
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Creation
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Research / Insight, Consumer Brand Strategy, Consumer Product Naming, Consumer Tone of Voice, Consumer Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Branding, Consumer Brand Creation, Consumer Brand Identity, Consumer Graphic Packaging Design
- Location: Finland
- Market Country: Finland
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Frozen Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Cup
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton