Chilaritos is a restaurant in Mexico City, specialized in a typical Mexican food named Chilaquiles. This popular food is made with fried corn tortilla pieces and accompanied by a spicy sauce, grated cheese, and sometimes fried egg or chicken pieces.
The biggest challenge was to find a name that alluded directly to the word “chilaquiles” without falling into one of the hundreds of uses and variations that other restaurants have given to this word, thus was born Chilaritos, a casual and fun version of the original word.
For the visual identity of Chilaritos, we took inspiration from elements of Mesoamerican culture and Mexican pop culture to reinterpret them with a contemporary touch and generate our language within the brand identity that feels fun, unique, and casual.
The selection of the color palette in warm, earth, and stone hues is connected to the origin of the corn tortilla and materials such as quarry and volcanic stones that were once used in the construction of Mesoamerican sculptures. Through the selected colors, we sought to convey comfortability, originality, and quality.lenses to obtain photographs without perspective, and in which the aspects “Mexican”, We also did a product photoshoot for the brand, in which we worked with larger aperture “Fun”, and “Sobriety” were the main axes to construct the scene. In the photos, we used paper pyramids in the chosen color palette to present Chilaritos as an original way of serving chilaquiles to the world.
- Agency/Creative: Manifiesto
- Article Title: Manifiesto Created Branding for Chilaritos Restaurant in Mexico City
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Agency/Creative City: Ciudad de México
- Market Region: North America, South America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Naming, Graphic Design, Product Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Illustration,Graphic Design,Branding,Naming,Food,Mexican Food,Chilaquiles,Restaurant,
Manifiesto Mx: Manifiesto Mx