Made With Love is not just an ordinary cookbook. It is a collection of recipes that will help you celebrate your happiest moments and get through your darkest times. It will leave you feeling loved and whole, no matter the occasion. The American author & chef Toni Chapman believes that food can bring people together, help heal a broken heart, and truly speak to your soul.
Toni Chapman wanted a unique theme for her book to represent its content and perfectly convey the book’s message and stories. Our mission at Selwaye Studio was to create an identity for the book which by reflect the emotions & meanings above and encapsulate them in its branding, graphics, photography and layout design. We wanted the readers to enjoy a colourful and emotionful experience throughout the book and, of course, celebrate love. The logo is a typography-based logo and represents the book’s name. We highlighted the words “Made” and the word “Love” to emphasize the connection between cooking and love.
Since the book is not only for those in love but also for those who are heartbroken, we aimed to represent both in the book cover through the roses and the broken plate. In addition, we chose the brand/book colours to express the different emotions and feelings the book conveys, like happiness, joy, inspiration, lust, and strength. It’s not just a book; it’s a colourful & beautiful journey of emotions and experiences.
Finally, the book was released on Valentine’s day 2022 since the whole project celebrates love!
- Agency/Creative: Selwaye Studio
- Article Title: Made With Love Cookbook Designed by Selwaye Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Sweden
- Agency/Creative City: Borås
- Market Region: Europe, Middle East, Global
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Design, Food Photography, Photography, Typography
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: cookbook food love chef cooking
Creative Director: Moe Selwaye
Layout Designer: Rami Jbara
Motion Designer: Motaz Faisal
Photographer: Jaime Pavon