Luxury Packaging Design for Natural Raw Honey
Creative Trade Mark – The Botanic. Natural Raw Honey
The Botanic – A wildly impossible, natural raw honey made from imaginative minds with unrealistic expectations for quality and taste.
Creative Trade Mark’s ambition was to create product labelling and packaging for The Botanic raw honey that would reflect the purity and natural integrity of the product. Starting with a product that is all-natural, our challenge was to create design concepts that speak to the consumer about the original experience of the healthy and sweet, natural product inside each jar.Packaging design is original down to the unique handmade wooden lid that tops each container. Each lid is handcrafted from select wood from the linden tree. And the packed product inside is raw honey, which is collected from linden trees as well.
The label design incorporates a hexagon shape, a shape found in nature (like hexagonal snowflakes) and very reminiscent of the honeycomb. The hexagonal shape is prevalent in nature and it’s considered the strongest shape known. Bees use the hexagonal shape in the honeycomb, a precisely interlaced network of wax cells, to collect the honey they produce, and the shape is naturally highly evocative of honeybees. Such a honey label design truly reflects harmony with nature.Honey labels are printed by Elegante Press on premium dark green label paper Colorplan and are embellished with gold foil, which connotes luxury.
The label is enhanced by multi-level debossing and die-cut in a specific shape. The matte silkscreen and clear gloss foil elements on the label were chosen to speak to an upgraded experience and they provide contrast on the darker green background. Packaging also includes double-sided folded hangtag with a description of the product, which is printed on same, but thicker dark green uncoated premium paper.This sample perfectly illustrates that even products, that are released in small batches, can be packaged in good designed package, which is produced by using really high-quality materials.
The Botanic honey’s new design is original down to the unique handmade wooden lid that tops each container. Each lid is hand crafted from wood from the linden tree, which was struck by lightning.
The label is enhanced by multi-level debossing and die-cut in a specific shape. The matte silkscreen and clear gloss foil elements on the label were chosen to speak to an upgraded experience and they provide contrast on the darker green background.
- Design Agency: Creative Trade Mark
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Luxury Packaging Design for Natural Raw Honey
- Brand / Project Name: The Botanic
- External Design Credits: created by: Zanas Karenauskas. phoho: Mindaugas Norkaitis
- Production Credits: Elegante press
- Creative Director: Zanas Karenauskas
- Designer: Marius Balciunas
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Naming, Brand World, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: Lithuania
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Confectionery
- Consumer Packaging Format: Jar, Tag
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Jar, Wood