Hamel family wines came to cf napa brand design to develop a new luxury wine brand for placement in their higher-end, off-premise channels. The new wine packaging needed to stand completely on its own while still maintaining the timeless charm of the Hamel family wines brand and capture the unique terroir of lithic hill.
“At Hamel family wines, we strive to make great wine and to have fun doing so. We value quality over quantity, enjoyment over tedium, and fostering long-term recurring relationships with our guests. We work hard to produce the highest quality wines in limited quantities from grapes grown on our sonoma valley and moon mountain estate vineyards. We farm our vineyards with organic and biodynamic practices, always mindful of our role as responsible stewards of the land. We remain grateful for our guests, respectful of our neighbors, and appreciative of the fine work that our team performs daily.”
The new wine brand, lithic hill, was named after the winery’s unique piece of land in the mayacamas mountains. The soil of lithic hill is made up of a distinctive mixture of volcanic materials including obsidian and perlite glass.
“This bottle celebrates the unique character of the place we love the most: the mayacamas mountains of sonoma county. Our family is obsessed with this land and we hand-selected the best grapes to create the elegant and structured wine we call lithic hill. We crafted this wine for the curious soul and we hope each glass inspires you to dig a level deeper.”
The wine label design shows off these characteristics of the earth with an artistic representation of the layers that define lithic hill. Hues of black, gray, and gold are combined with foils and strategic embossing to mimic the visual and textural variation of this exceptional terroir.
- Agency/Creative: CF Napa Brand Design
- Article Title: Lithic Hill Wine Label Design for Hamel family Wines
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Napa
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Strategy, Branding, Creative Direction, Design, Graphic Design, Icon Design, Identity System, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Guidelines, Product Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Metal, Pulp Paper, Wood
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: CF Napa Brand Design, Hamel Family Wines, Lithic Hill, Wine, Packaging, Packaging Design, Bottle Design, Graphic Design, Branding, Sonoma Valley, California, USA
Design Agency: CF Napa Brand Design