For Jeffrey Morris, there’s a big difference between a good snapshot and a great photograph. While a snapshot can preserve a moment in time, a great photograph captures an expression that reveals an individual’s spirit. For this accomplished D.C./LA-based photographer, a great photograph is extraordinary art that deserves to be displayed. It’s Morris’s commitment to creativity, individual expression, and exceptional service that allows him to capture the motion, and emotion, in a fleeting moment—the framework for the poignantly beautiful photographic art that Jeffrey Morris Photography delivers.
In 2020, Morris found himself with the unique opportunity of time and used it to carefully assess his business model and evolving objectives. Essential changes were identified in order to achieve long-term business goals and successful brand adoption. Morris approached Lisa Gorham Creative for rebranding guidance and development, and a new visual identity that would put the Jeffrey Morris Photography brand into focus.
Focusing on newly established business objectives and target clientele, we delved into brand discovery, strategy, and development. From this fundamental groundwork we carefully framed core messaging, brand positioning, experience, attributes, and a new tagline. We assembled these key directives and guidelines to form a new brand platform—a comprehensive guide that helps safeguard the brand’s consistency and integrity, and is the driving force behind all touchpoint decision-making. With this foundation solidly in place we were ready to move into visual identity development.
Morris’s desire for a logo design that’s both beautiful and discerning was not the only factor to consider. The visual identity needed to capture the newly established brand attributes while serving the art and expression of Morris’s subject matter. The new responsive brand identity suite features a refined art deco wordmark that not only captures these characteristics, it also puts Morris’s work ‘on display.’ The O/frame mark showcased within the logo allows Morris to display a multitude of photographic works-of-art throughout various print and digital marketing materials.
Through a personal and creative approach, Jeffrey Morris captures the joy in a moment and delivers beautiful, cherished memories in the form of extraordinary photographic display art. More is captured with creativity. More is captured with expression. More is captured with passion. Simply put, Morriscaptured with Jeffrey Morris Photography.
- Agency/Creative: Lisa Gorham Creative
- Article Title: Lisa Gorham Creative Rebrands Jeffrey Morris Photography
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Frederick
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Copywriting, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Identity System, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: Photographer, Photography Studio, Branding, Brand, Rebrand, Brand Identity, Visual Identity, Identity System, Logo, Logo Design, Collateral Design, Print, Packaging Design, Copywriting, Tagline, Watermark
Creative Director: Lisa Gorham
Client: Jeffrey Morris Photography