Light ‘Em Up, FashionPopCandy
Dainin Solis – FashionPopCandy
FashionPopCandy is a lighted lollipop presented in eight different styles and six different flavors with vitamins and minerals. This lollipop is the key product manufactured by The Pop Icon a company based on Miami, who developed a platform where users can propose their ideas and concepts and throughout different programs (including the sales of the lollipop) receive the help they need to develop their ventures.
Alongside working the main brand identity I was commissioned to redesign the entire new packaging system for the 8 main lollipops, two candy refill boxes, and the secondary cardboard packing.
The overall identity drew inspiration from the polygonal shape of the crystal candy of the lollipop, each box featured a custom pattern and a vibrant color palette to differentiate the eight styles (Miami Party, Violet, Bling-Bling, Rainbow, Diamonds, Rebel Red, Neon G and Pretty in Pink) but achieving a unified and recognizable overall identity. A bold color scheme and strong graphics help the brand communicate its playfulness and inspiring and energetic personality to its main audience of adolescents and young adults.
It has been rewarding to see how the brand achieved a great acceptance among its public, managing to have a life of its own and mutating in a number of interpretations, increasing its recognition without losing its main identity.
Project made in collaboration with the agency Netrostar, Miami.
- Design Agency: Dainin Solis
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Light ‘Em Up, FashionPopCandy
- Brand / Project Name: FashionPopCandy by The Pop Icon
- External Design Credits: Netrostar,http://www.netrostar.com/
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Redesign
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Product Brand Architecture
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Branding, Consumer Rebranding, Consumer Brand Identity
- Location: Nicaragua
- Market Country: United States America
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Promotional
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton