Lidskae is a Belarusian beer whose roots go back to 1876 in a city called Lida. A small city with a long history and rich tradition in brewing quality beers. Over the years, Lidskae’s packaging has evolved into a rather generic looking design which fails to create an emotional connection with its consumers.
The project requires a complete redesign to proudly connect Lidskae with its roots in Lida, a legendary place for brewing in Belarus, adding more craft and human touch in the execution. Lidskae wants to create a sense of community, uniting people who are close in spirit in a tribe. People in a tribe share unique elements and symbols that distinguish them from others.
The iconic ‘deer and barrel’ brand identity is brought to life in a woodcut illustration to reflect the pride, authenticity and status of the brand as the leader of a tribe. Lida, a city blessed with history, tradition and craftsmanship is our source of inspiration. Historical and cultural elements were rediscovered and reinterpreted to form a modern insignia that is unmistakably Belarusian. The new design brings out the key brand attributes: Sincerity, Roots and Unity, creating an emotional connection with like-minded people who share the same spirit.
- Agency/Creative: Blackmoon Studio
- Article Title: Lidskae Beer Rebranding by Blackmoon
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Singapore
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Rebranding, Research
- Format: Bottle, Can
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Metal
- Keywords: WBDS Agency Design Awards 2020/21