530 Craft Beer is the result of a school project for the consumer industry. I chose to create a craft beer that is bold, recognizable and doesn’t take itself too seriously.
The name 530 is in reference to the end time of a common work schedule, and I chose to use a dad joke for the slogan: “Life and beer are very similar. Chill for best results.” because It represents, in a nutshell, the brand’s views on life, while also being playful because beers are best enjoyed cold. “Chill for best results” is also part of the logo. This is meant to be a little seed that is planted into the consumer’s mind, that once is paired with the packaging and slogan, suddenly takes shape.
Starting from the logo design, I developed the visual vocabulary that would be applied throughout the branding and the packaging. The bottles, cans, and 6 pack designs are inspired by the shapes from the logo, which was created using Digestive by Studio Triple. The waves not only visually connect the packaging with the logo, but the waves also inspire the sensation of being calm, relaxed, which is how you should feel while drinking 530 Craft Beer. What’s Unique? The packaging plays with the wave pattern and shapes, that is kept cohesively throughout the cans, bottles, and six-pack design.
- Agency/Creative: Laura Ángel
- Article Title: Laura Ángel Creates 530 Craft Beer Brand and Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle, Can
- Substrate: Glass Bottle