Kingdom & Sparrow Gives Cornish Brewery a New Look
Firebrand began its journey as a brewery in an old, converted milking parlour in the wilds of North Cornwall. From humble roots their size and ambitions grew, and in 2019 they came to us with the goal of repositioning from local microbrewery to Cornish craft experts.
Relaxed, outdoor gatherings have always been a big part of Firebrand – think smokey barbeques and camping adventures with family and friends. It quickly became clear to us that these are the experiences people wanted from their progressive Cornish craft beer.
Inspired by the old milking parlour and Firebrand’s Cornish origins, we created a strong and versatile logo with a fire-breathing chough. We paired this with bold patterns inspired by 70s outdoor culture, going back to basics to evoke the simple experience of sitting outside, enjoying a beer with friends. The overall look and feel challenges the expectations of traditional Cornish beer, while capturing the laid-back, down-to-earth character of Firebrand.
Launching a rebrand during these strange times was always going to be a challenge, but Firebrand are already gaining traction! They’re doing a brilliant job of serving customers directly and spreading the word about their (delicious) Cornish beers. We can’t wait to see where the next year takes them.
- Design Agency: Kingdom & Sparrow
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Kingdom & Sparrow Gives Cornish Brewery a New Look
- Brand / Project Name: Firebrand Brewing Co. Rebrand
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Advertising, Rebranding
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Can
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper