Situation & Challenge: Kimchi Plate is a cafe of traditional Korean cuisine in Tashkent. it was decided to develop production and distribution of Korean salads made by traditional recipes as a new business. Packaging design must reflect idea of naturalness and authenticity of the original Korean salads on store shelves.
Solution: The love for Korean salads is widespread in Uzbekistan, but the product is being sold without any identical packaging, even though it is authentic. Inspired by the traditional motifs of Korean national painting, we applied the vision to packaging design.
The techniques of traditional painting and the images of ingredients have become a framework of the packages. The surrealism of the plot helps to excel among others on shelves. Packages of KIMCHI Plate salads easily convey oriental flavor, and the mission of the ingredients is to revise the market’s thoughts of classic plots that characterize them as an integral part of Korean traditions.
- Agency/Creative: MA'NO branding
- Article Title: Kimchi Korean Salads Packaging
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Uzbekistan
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Illustration, Packaging Design, Research
- Format: Can, Jar
- Substrate: Glass