The University of Cadiz (Spain) needed to create a social section to offer in an altruistic and public way, creating a department within the University called “Ucayuda”. Ucayuda is UCA (Universidad de Cádiz) + Ayuda (Help)
This department would support large mobilizations such as natural disasters, earthquakes, floods, as well as small social movements such as help in soup kitchens, care of the elderly, beach cleaning, collection of used clothes, health care, etc. All this is divided into 4 sections: natural disasters, planet, people and health.
When I designed the brand, I used these four sections to create a colour range made up of four colours, which, joined together by a line, would form two opposing hearts (one looking up and the other looking down) which in turn would form an infinite path.
This would symbolise the union between the four branches of Ucayuda (natural disasters, planet, people and health), as well as the union between people who would selflessly offer their help to do good to others by offering their hearts.
- Agency/Creative: Jota Eslava
- Article Title: Jota Eslava Creates Small and large Scale Humanitarian Aid Identity
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand World, Branding
- Industry: Public Utility
- Keywords: University, Help, Social, Heart, People, Health hospitality