Having no organic brand identity, Asda required a new, credible brand to appeal to consumers looking for the ethical and taste benefits of eating organic.
Organic was the buzzword of the early noughties, this original trend finds itself in a world where exciting, fresh developing food trends quickly emerge appealing to its audiences like a smack on the lips! But caring for the planet and making ethical choices is here to stay. Asda wanted to make organic choices accessible to all with clear communication of the benefits to a value seeking audience.
Disparate and unloved, Asda’s Organic range lacked consistent brand assets with no clear graphical signpost in store or online. It needed a fresh and cohesive new look, that would be instantly recognisable in a busy and saturated store environment.
Re-imagining this category as one, the O taken from the logo has been crafted into a viewfinder, celebrating the natural beauty of organic produce, providing reassurance that Asda’s products are expertly picked for their ethical sourcing, premium quality and exceptional taste.
The natural “from the earth” photography has a raw, grainy, cinematic feel to accentuate the organic nature of the products.
The cohesive, distinct, and own-able brand identity appeals to ethical consumers who want to be good to their mind, body and planet. The sophisticated green panel is an identifiable beacon for organic in store, elevating the range from mid-tier.
- Agency/Creative: OurCreative.
- Article Title: Introducing Asda’s New Organic Brand Identity From OurCreative
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Leeds
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines, Product Photography
- Industry: Retail
- Keywords: Brand identity, brand creation. brand design, packaging design, Asda Organic, Retail
Creative Director: Jon Dignam
Senior Designer: Joe Wallis
Client Service Director: Sara Pollard
Managing Director: Kim Van Elkan
Illustrator & retoucher: Chris Charlton
Production Director: Paul Porter