In-House Redesign of Parallel Premium Coffee Beans Blend Packaging
Task and Situation: The Coffee Belt, or the Bean Belt, is a horizontal strip of land between the Tropics of North and South, which surrounds the Equator, passing through Central and South America, Asia, and Africa. Countries that lie within the belt are characterised as an ideal place for coffee plantations. This is why we created the coffee bean blend from specialty coffee beans by Parallel – for always perfect coffee taste. Depending on the continent, we chose a subtraction of the highest north and the lowest south parallel of the coffee belt and obtained new coffee blends by Parallels – 12 Ethiopia and Tanzania, 17 India and Papua New Guinea, and 36 El Salvador and Brazil.
The old packaging was made of two parts: the inner packaging and the box. Over time, we decided to refuse additional material, however, the inner packaging did not contain textual information, so it was not suitable for sale without the box. Therefore, by changing packaging design, it was aimed not only to improve the visual appearance of packaging, but also to solve this problem.
Solution: For each coffee to have its unique detail, three different colours were used to create the packaging design. The shiny side is the main thing that makes it different from most coffee packages. These glossy colours give the packaging a sense of luxury, in addition, it confirms that ”Parallel” coffee beans are of the premium blend. Important to mention that ziplock eases the usage and helps to preserve the aroma of coffee for a longer period of time.
We have created not only the unique design, but also a package with all the necessary information that buyers need. Therefore, the current Parallel coffee packaging can stand on the shelf without the box.
What is Unique: The whole idea of this coffee blend is speaking loud for itself. This blend is a true and unique representative of The Coffee Belt – the place of quality and the real meaning of coffee. The luxurious packaging improves the strength of the message of uniqueness, allowing you to enjoy the highest quality coffee from around the world just right here at your home.
- Design Agency: Coffee Mate Group
- Organisation/Project Type: In-house, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: In-House Redesign of Parallel Premium Coffee Beans Blend Packaging
- Brand / Project Name: Parallel Premium Coffee Beans Blend
- External Design Credits: Head of project: Ieva Bivainienė, Project manager: Indrė Kupčinskaitė Mikulė, Copywriters: Ieva Poniškaitytė, Austėja Ginotytė, Packaging designer: Kęstutis Nenartavičius, Photographer: Rimvydas Chmieliauskas, Photoshoot stylist: Agnė Tamašauskaitė
- Production Credits: Immer Digital
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding, Graphic Design, Rebranding
- Location: Lithuania
- Market Country: Lithuania
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Packaging
- Consumer Packaging Format: Flow-Pack, Pouch
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic