“One road, one pub and one distillery might not sound like much, but here on Jura we thrive as one,” is a sentence that perfectly captures the community spirit that Jura Whisky Distillery embodies. Jura is a remote island off the West Coast of Scotland with a community of 200 residents and has spent decades perfecting their craft in whiskey. With just one road, one pub, one distillery and a very distinct micro-climate, it’s not an easy place to make whiskey. However, the distillery is still the beating heart of their community and the whiskey is a source of pride and prosperity for generations to come.
Jura reached out to Huemon design to create an unforgettable and repurposable packaging specifically for the moon festival in Taiwan. Wanting to express the pride and devotion to their craft, Jura requested purple as the main color element of this edition of packaging along with the blueprint of the island and online of the glass bottle as the main focus of the graphic design.
After multiple brainstorming sessions, the initial idea to use puzzles to represent the community, collectivism, and togetherness of the people evolved into a tear-open packaging that allows the box to turn into six individual coasters. Just like pieces to a puzzle, not one element is replaceable.
Also, seasonal and limited edition packaging is a huge waste contribution in Asia, so by designing the packaging as coasters, the packaging went from something many customers would immediately throw away into something they can use as they enjoy the whisky.
- Agency/Creative: Huemon Design
- Article Title: Huemon Design Created Brand and Packaging Design for Jura’s Taiwan Moon Festival Limited Edition
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Taiwan
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Research, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Box, Case
- Substrate: Pulp Paper