High-Quality Organic Private Label Teas
Our challenge for this project was to develop a design for a new range of high-quality organic private label teas for Albert Heijn.
Tea is a traditional category that, despite being constantly in motion, often is driven by smaller niche brands. The consumer needs variation in taste, but is also open to new experiences and a sustainable origin.
While talking and tasting the new tea, our thoughts wandered to the distant countries where the tea is grown. To cultures where tea drinking has a special ritual or social function. We saw the Silk Route before us, with exotic traders who brought tea and the accompanying traditions to the West. This origin was a distinctive starting point for this design. The visual language we wanted to use for this is derived from antique Oriental blue-white tea sets with their beautiful paintings.
The attention to detail in the specially hand-made illustrations for this assortment is extraordinary. This range stands out due to its light appearance and the cylindrical packaging shape, which was unique at the time of the development of this line. Also while opening the packaging, the design remains interesting with much to discover.
The result? A new form of packaging, with a beautiful design that stands out on the shelf.
- Design Agency: Millford
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: High-Quality Organic Private Label Teas
- Brand / Project Name: Albert Heijn Excellent Tea
- External Design Credits: Tahir Idouri, Jobert van de Bovenkamp, Fred van Deelen
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Creation
- Location: Netherlands
- Market Country: Netherlands
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton