Hallmark are a group of artisan winemakers, based in South Australia, with a roving mission to source small, precious parcels of exceptional fruit. And with that fruit, these ‘wine alchemists’ strive to create holistic wines with regional definition. The naming, branding and packaging needed to communicate this collective’s philosophy as well as express the handcrafted, limited release nature of the wines.
Hallmark’s first small batch offering is the ‘Master Strike’ series which includes the noble varietal, Shiraz and a Grenache, both from the renowned Barossa region in South Australia.
The brand typography and a series of brand marks were all designed as a tribute to fine craftsmanship. Echoing their passion and precision, apparently random yet structured markings were combined with cultish catchphrases creating a deeper brand experience across the merchandise and collateral. All items were an opportunity to further the storytelling about their brand and express the reverence that they approach their craft.
- Agency/Creative: Harcus Design
- Article Title: Harcus Design Create Label for Hallmark Artisan Winemaker
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming, Structural Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle