When cotton candy was first introduced in India it was white and rough because it did not have any pink or blue food coloring. It was thus compared to an old woman’s hair and begun to be known by the name, “Buddhi ka baal”.
The concept here was to spin on that very Indian context and develop a brand called Granny’s which could reflect the Indian origins of a foreign sweet. This involved creation of a whole new brand identity along with appealing surface graphics.
- Agency/Creative: student
- Article Title: Granny’s Cotton Candy Packaging
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: India
- Market Region: Asia
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Naming, Graphic Design, Illustration, Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Research
- Format: Pouch
- Substrate: Plastic, Pulp Paper