Red Church Vineyards is a young project on the map of Bulgarian wine industry. I had no idea it existed until one day Alex Kanev called me and said “Jordan, we have something new to do together!”. Alex is a name that doesn’t need any introduction if you are familiar with premium wine brands like Stallion and Enira. He teamed up with some of his partners and started the Red Church Vineyards named after the famous Byzantine Red Church basilica located nearby Perushtitsa.
Working with Alex has always been a challenge no matter how experienced you are. My task was not easy because I had to create very strong brand strategy for this new project without competing with Alex’s AK premium private wine brand I created a few years ago. In fact I was again in competition with myself. It does happen pretty often in my career so I wasn’t new to this feeling and the responsibility behind it.
I knew Alex was going to create some amazing wines and that this new brand concept should somehow reflect his own personality and his recognizable style in wine-making. He was and still is very different as a professional so I decided to focus on his individual style and uniqueness and create very memorable strong brand name to make his wines stand out among the others just like he did. This is how the Grand Sovereign brand was born.
- Agency/Creative: the Labelmaker
- Article Title: Grand Sovereign Wine
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming, Retail Brand Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle