Good Wine Branding and Packaging Design Concept
Amanda Bentley and Mary Zaleska – Good. Wine
Good. is a concept project created in a collaboration between Amanda Bentley and Mary Zaleska. We created the visual identity, advertising, and packaging for the brand.
The idea behind Good. was to have an honest product targeting all of those who love to drink wine but not necessarily know much about it. Therefore our bottles would be reliable, affordable and simple. They wouldn’t be known for a sophisticated palette most of us can’t even detect, but for simply being good. So that anyone can go and purchase tasty wine without being a connoisseur or playing wine-roulette for 30 minutes in a store.
The design was inspired by geometry, simplicity and minimal yet bold style. We connected hand-drawn patterns with saturated colors and assigned them to different kinds of wine, therefore creating a small identity for each type. The exterior packaging (wrapping paper/ paper bags) was created by connecting all of the patterns and colors into one design representing the entire product.
The advertising consists of fun-facts about wine so that our customers could feel more knowledgeable and confident in their wine-picking skills. Just because they like good. wine doesn’t mean they shouldn’t reach for great ones in the future as well. By that, we tried to keep the product transparent both in its mission and design.
- Design Agency: Amanda Bentley
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance Concept, Non Published
- Article Title: Good Wine Branding and Packaging Design Concept
- Brand / Project Name: Good. Wine
- External Design Credits: Mary Zaleska, Co-Designer
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Creation
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Brand Strategy, Consumer Brand Naming, Consumer Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Branding, Consumer Brand Identity, Consumer Graphic Packaging Design, Consumer Advertising
- Location: United States America
- Market Country: United States America
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass