RS Aqua, ocean science & marine industry experts approached Fable&Co. with a mission to create a comprehensive rebrand & new website that better communicated their established reputation & superior positioning in the marine technology industry. After 40 years of history & legacy, RS Aqua has grown into a highly trusted & respected brand within their niche sector. The value they provide to their clients – not only through the supply of the worlds leading scientific & technical marine equipment but also the dedicated support, training & expertise – had rewarded RS Aqua an enviable reputation for an impeccably high level of service.
It was time to raise the bar by reinventing the RS Aqua brand identity, marketing & online experience, setting solid foundations for the future growth & success of this ambitious business.
Fable&Co. saw an opportunity for RS Aqua to stand out within a sea of mediocrity. Together we set out to successfully tell RS Aqua’s story with clarity, enabling their services & technologies to become more accessible than ever before. Resulting in providing ground-breaking science, alongside lasting client relationships thus contributing to the blue economy, with sustainability at the heart of everything they do.
Rather than reinvent, we simplified & modernised the existing logo icon, so not to lose existing legacy & positive brand equity that RS Aqua had already established.
Fable&Co. created a stylised evolution of the logo, that utilises the same shape & form of the old icon but instead rebuilt with the simple outline structure, perfectly complementing the new visual language. For the wordmarque we customised a bold font, communicating authority & stability through its solid, uniformed structure. With careful attention to detail falling on the Q’s tail, mirroring the same wave flow evident within the icon.
A careful selection of appropriate & authentic imagery was collated, capturing the true essence of the marine science industry, combined with inspirational shots that are emotive, communicating passion, care, discovery & understanding of our oceans.
A new colour palette composed of four core colours is used throughout the identity, giving a sense of calm, confidence & professionalism. Featuring dark greens inspired by the deep oceans & lighter tones inspired by the coastal waters closer to shores.
As RS Aqua had grown significantly, it had highlighted the need to reorganise their growing product range within their existing, limited website structure.
As part of our strategic planning, we presented RS Aqua with a new, simplified architecture, navigation & search function to be used on the new website. This execution significantly streamlined the customer journey, creating a more efficient & seamless user experience.
Fable&Co. created a versatile differentiation system, comprising of eight assets to help identify the varied industry sectors serviced. We also created a suite of graphics that looked to capture the field specific products – interpreting the different technologies, with readings & data from the array of highly technical devices.
- Agency/Creative: Fable&Co.
- Article Title: Fable&Co. Rebrand a Leading Marine Technology Business
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Industrial Design, Photography, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Structural Design, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Technology
- Keywords: research strategy rebrand brandrefresh brandidentity marine technology business ocean science marine industry marine technology science branding science equipment branding technology branding