Soy sauce is a symbol of Japanese culture. The shape of the bottle emphasizes the origin of the soy sauce and makes a reference to the sacred place of Japan – Fuji volcano. The sauce is presented in two sku – classic soy sauce (dormant volcano) and hot soy sauce (erupting volcano). The bottle is made of clear glass and has a wooden cork inside with the FUJI logo embossed on it and sealed with sealing wax on top. The sealing wax helps make the sauce airtight and also plays one of the main roles in the design, separating the two squirts from each other. The FUJI logo is embossed in the glass and coated with metallic paint on top.
The sauce has a special stand (the foot of a volcano) that can functionally be used as a gravy boat. The base resembles solidified lava and the texture of the sauce varies from sku to sku – on the spicy sauce you can see red cracks as a reference to an erupting volcano.
- Agency/Creative: Evgenia Kudrinskaya
- Article Title: Evgenia Kudrinskaya Packaging Design Student Concept for FUJI Premium Soy Sauce
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
Educational Institution Name: HSE Art and Design school
Educator's Name: Leonid Slavin
Visualizer: Dmitriy Saveliev