First Brewery in Almaty brewed an Asian lager with a modern twist and called it Turanian Tiger. They use “Turanian” because it is a subspecies of the giant tiger who had lived and prospered in the territory of Kazakhstan long before the first man appeared there and right up to the last century. They use “Tiger” because it is the best local compliment.
“What a Tiger!”— this is what they say to a man when they want to emphasise how pretty cool he is. Therefore, our design is a mix of classic Asian symbolism and the values of today’s young people who like to be in the spotlight.
While developing the logo and illustrations, we drew inspiration from the style of tattoos and Asian traditions. Gold accents in the design are inherent in both the image of the tiger and the aesthetics of the East. The advertising type of the word “Tiger” with a sharpened picket fence of the strokes seems to be scratched out with claws, while the word “Turanian” is boldly styled as handwritten urban tags.
The Tiger is designed for the conquerors of the urban jungle—brave and determined young people who are tempered by the challenges of big cities every day: in offices or on trips as well as in halls or on dance floors. The tiger is the best choice for individualists because there can’t be two tigers in the same forest.
- Agency/Creative: Dozen Agency
- Article Title: Dozen Agency Creates Beer Packaging Design for Asian Lager Turanian Tiger from Almaty Brewery
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Ukraine
- Agency/Creative City: Kyiv
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Design, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle, Can
- Substrate: Glass, Metal
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Dozen, Design, Kyiv, Ukraine, Beer, Van, Illustration
Graphic Designer: Anastasia Churbanova
Graphic Designer: Roman Melnyk