The idea of a disco-style wine packaging, called “Dancing Heart” was created at one of the student workshops, and then developed into a more complete project. The name was chosen specifically for this concept and reflects the idea of disco music – “dancing inside you”. Disco music has very incendiary rhythms that do not allow you to stand still. This name also refers to the image of dance parties where people relax and dance from the heart. And also to the wine itself, which acts as a hot drink and makes us dance.
The lettering on the front is made by hand, in the style of a neon sign and can change its color depending on the type of wine inside the bottle. For example, pink for Burgundy wine, and turquoise for white wine or champagne. You can add other “neon” colors to expand the color coding. Also in lettering, there is a small heart instead of a dot over “i”, as a tiny reference to the name.
The name is supposed to be printed on the bottles using glow-in-the-dark paint. This eye-catching effect allows the bottle to remain visible even in the dark of a disco party.
On top of the standard stopper, a decorative stopper in the shape of a disco ball is used. After the wine runs out, the ball can be unpinned and kept as a souvenir or collected instead of the usual wine corks.
So from small details, a complete image of the disco wine “Dancing Heart”is formed. This bottle looks good in photos for social networks, can be used as a gift, souvenir or just an attractive purchase for a holiday or party.
Special thanks to the curator of HSE Art and Design School – Leonid Slavin.
- Agency/Creative: Alexandra Pershina
- Article Title: DancingHeart Wine of Disco Style by Alexandra Pershina
- Organisation/Entity: Student
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Agency/Creative City: Alexandra Pershina, HSE Art and Design School, Moscow
- Market Region: Europe, North America, South America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Naming, Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: wine, disco, dance, heart, bottle
Designer: Alexandra Pershina