Cuban Rum Package Design
Dillon’s Cuban Rum Collaboration
For the first within the Here&There collaboration series, distiller Geoff Dillon travelled multiple times to Cuba to work with the world famous Cuban distillers behind Ron Vigia and the Cuban Institute of Rum — a national treasure for Cuba.
After a year of visits and sharing ideas, Idiana Blanco, ICIDCA’s master blender created these two incredible rums for Dillon’s to share with their audience within the Here&There series.
The two authentic Cuban Rums — 8yr & 18yr represent a historic partnership between Cuba and Canada. Never before has Cuba exported a rum for a partnership and collaboration.
As part of the project and strategy, Insite developed the Here&There Co-Lab strategy and label program to work for a series of projects following this rum; the first of many more from around the world. See Here&There strategy below.
The rum specific labels were designed to celebrate Cuba as the primary focus. Cuban colours, flag and motifs were designed to capture a Cuban feel while also to fit comfortably within the Dillon’s brand family and identity program.
The labels across the series will all be unique but in each release will fit over the same bottle used for all products. These bottles are printed using ACL and tell the story of the Here&There collaboration series and concept of “local from another place”.
- Design Agency: Insite Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Cuban Rum Package Design
- Brand / Project Name: Dillon's Cuban Rum
- Production Credits: Insite Design
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: Canada
- Market Country: Canada
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle