Alexandra Pavlenko , British Higher School of Art and Design – Rootfood (Student)
” Rootfood is a brand of soils and fertilizers that brings together traditions and innovations. It is developed especially for those, who are new to gardening, but want to give it a try and feel a closer connection to nature. Rootfood is nurturing the plants and giving them a quality treatment. “I treat my plants the way I treat myself”.
While developing Rootfood I was looking for an insight, and it stroke me that a fertilizer for a plant is like, let’s say, a burger for us. The main target group values every product for it’s quality, convenience and a good result. For an amateur everything seems complicated, so I wanted to create a feeling, that plants are easy to handle. The backside of the package has a menu of plants nutrition, depending on the season, plant’s growth and development rate. The burger box is an unusual solution and will stand out on the shelf among other fertilizers. The form is good for both merchandising and usage.
The box contains small plastic bags – 100 gram each – which allow to use only the required amount of fertilizer, while the rest is kept sealed for a long-term preservation. Granular fertilizer is easy to use, because it nurtures the soil gradually and the advantages are obvious:
– one time feeding instead of the multiple ones;
– fast digestion of the nutrition;
– one fertilizer instead of a set of seasonal fertilizers;
– the beads’ small size, securing an even distribution of the nutritional components;
– no danger of soil salinity or burns, even in case of direct contact with the plant.
The specialized soils are easy to handle and give enough nourishing to a plant for up to half year. So you don’t need to think twice, just use the soil, marked suitable for your plant, and that’s it.”
- Agency/Creative: Alexandra Pavlenko
- Article Title: Concept Bringing Traditions and Innovations for Rootfood Brand of Soils and Fertilizers
- Organisation/Entity: Student Concept / Non Published
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Market Region: Global
- Format: Bag, Box
- Substrate: Plastic, Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper