Owned by the Lore Group, Lyle is the sister hotel to Riggs Washington D.C., the group’s other U.S. property, which is added to their wider portfolio in Amsterdam (Pulitzer) and London (Sea Containters and the soon to launch One Hundred Shoreditch).
The venue is set inside a timeless Art Deco building which has had a strong influence on design direction for the interiors and the brand identity that was created alongside them. Working with Jacu Strauss – Lore Group’s Creative Director – hospitality branding specialists Colt in London were tasked with creating a light, unobtrusive identity that positioned the hotel as an independent thinker. The bespoke wordmark that leads the identity was inspired by the Art Deco features that have been retained in the hotel architecture, from the exterior canopy to the entrance lobby, while the additonal brand symbol was developed from existing exterior details that had been previously overlooked.
Set inside the hotel is “Lyle’s”, a neighbourhood bar and restaurant. To accompany the Lyle logo, a second bespoke handwritten wordmark for the venue adds a sense of personality and authenticity to the location. This has been applied to a variety of collateral; from menus and coasters to take-away bags and cups.
Lore Group aims to create design-led hotels in central locations with thoughtful use of space, that always take into consideration the wider local neighbourhood. The combination of a carefully considered interior direction alongside a brand that pays attention to the little things has created a hotel that’s already made its mark with guests and locals alike.
- Agency/Creative: Colt
- Article Title: Colt Agency Created Lyle Hotel Branding
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: London
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Design, Graphic Design, Lettering, Logo Design, Type Design, Typography
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Branding, hotel, hospitality, Washington, Lyle
Creative Director: John Sweeney