Coal by name, green by nature.
Our brief from Create Real Estate was to work up the visual brand identity, graphic language and stylish website for a new breed eco-stylish workspace development in the heart of Cardiff. We started off exploring how the brand might look during the naming process, helping the clients to visualise a look and feel which would stand out in the marketplace, breathing new life into an existing building. We worked with the architects to envision a revolution of the structure, painting it a dramatic black (tying into the new name Coal House) with urban-chic corten mesh facade detailing, surrounded by lush green planting and landscaping.
Sustainability and having a positive impact is at the heart of developer Create’s ethos, and the Coal House is no different. So it was central to our creative work, to give the development’s branding an urban sustainable heart, making sure all of the key eco-benefits of the new workspace were prominent on the website and all brand messaging. For the brand palette, we used a stylish monochrome and green mix, to appeal to our environmentally conscience target demographic, allowing the colours of the new interior styling to sit harmoniously alongside the brand. We designed an urban deco graphic language for illustrations within the brand world, loosely based on the building’s architectural fenestrations, animating a series of these patterns for the website, which were also used on interior architecture details. The website is interactive, with an usual side scrolling, full of motion graphics and a custom video, bringing the project to life for prospective tenants.
- Agency/Creative: Run For The Hills
- Article Title: Coal House: An Eco-stylish Workspace in The Heart of Cardiff
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Cardiff
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Animation, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Creative Direction, Design, GIF Animation, Icon Design
- Industry: Real Estate
- Keywords: Real Estate, Development, Creative Workspace, Eco-Stylish Co-working Space
Creative Director: Chris Trotman
Designer: Gosia Bugaj
Motion / Animation: David Phelps
Web Build: Daniel Drabik