Romero Distilling Co. came to CF Napa to create the branding for their distillery and line of craft rums. Based in Alberta, Canada, the brand’s inspiration was their region’s historical tradition of rum running during the Prohibition in Western Canada and the United States.
As Alberta’s first premier craft distiller specializing in rum, the region’s history lead to a design solution that leverages a custom bottle inspired by vintage whiskey bottles.
The wordmark and monogram complement the bottle as a contemporary take on styles of the Prohibition era. The crow icon that adorns the front of the bottle symbolizes Crowsnest Pass—the area in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta infamous for Prohibition era rum running. The top of each bottle is sealed with a label whose color differentiates between each of the rums and provides a finishing, handcrafted touch.
- Agency/Creative: CF Napa Brand Design
- Article Title: CF Napa’s Prohibition Inspired Design for Romero
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper, Wood