Brandon Help Ella’s Kitchen Go Moo-free
Ella’s Kitchen is the UK’s No.1 much-loved baby food brand. It’s fun and innocent design style is instantly trusted and recognised by mums, dads and babies the world over. We were tasked with helping them to launch a dairy free product range across breakfast, yoghurt and puddings. All which would sit next to their existing core product range on-shelf.
With such a large range of Ella’s Kitchen products, the design strategy needed to ensure that the new dairy free sub-brand could easily be identified by shoppers and clearly jumped out on-shelf. The key challenge was to retain the brand’s iconic identity, whilst introducing a new and instantly understood design asset, clearly indicating that the products were dairy free.
We explored a number of different design concepts that clearly promoted a read order that led with Ella’s Kitchen and was followed with ‘dairy free’, then into product and flavour variants. The coconut milk splash and ‘dairy free’ sub brand name helped to signal that this was different to the core Ella’s Kitchen range.
Our new simple, bold design and a playful on-pack information architecture created a new ‘dairy free’ identity that stood out from the core Ella’s Kitchen product range. Ensuring it can easily be found on the shelf and not moving too far away from the core Ella’s Kitchen brand identity, a fine balance to ensure we overcame both challenges.
- Design Agency: Brandon Consultants
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Brandon Help Ella’s Kitchen Go Moo-free
- Brand / Project Name: Ella's Kitchen Dairy Free packaging design
- External Design Credits: Creative Director Steve Conchie
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Rejuvenation
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Cupboard Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Pouch
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic, Multiple plastic layers