KAA is a powerful alliance that brings together Kimberley Art Centres to showcase the amazing contemporary artists and artwork of the region. Aboriginal owned and governed, the centres bring economic independence to artists by building a viable business and supporting the social, cultural and financial aspirations of members.
The direction was to portray modern indigenous art in a more contemporary way. For many years there has been a stigma to the presentation of similar organisations and art centres. There is no connection between designer and client which is usually driven by government funding. The end results tend to lean on cliche cultural references and misrepresent some of the world class artwork being produced in these regions.
The unique boulder formations of the Kimberley Region are the inspiration behind the design of the brand logomark.
The KAA alliance provides a portal for information on Aboriginal artists of the Kimberley. All proceeds from the sale of art are returned to the artists and their four community art centres: Mangkaja Arts, Mowanjum Art and Culture Centre, Waringarri Aboriginal Arts and Warmun Art Centre.
Kimberley Aboriginal Artists keeps Aboriginal culture strong by supporting cultural practice, recording important stories and celebrating connections to their country.
The alliance is passionately committed to sharing the richness and diversity of Aboriginal art, language and identity.
Featuring the artwork of John Prince Siddon, Judy Mengil & Daisy Japulija.
- Agency/Creative: Jo Cutri Studio
- Article Title: Branding for Kimberley Aboriginal Artists Created by Jo Cutri Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Agency/Creative City: Melbourne
- Market Region: Africa, Asia, North America, Oceania, South America, Global
- Project Deliverables: Advertising, Advertising Photography, Art Direction, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Poster Design
- Industry: Education
- Keywords: branding, logo, art direction, brand design, graphic design, art, aboriginal art, indigenous art
Art Director: Jo Cutri